Traditional hair removal methods such as shaving, waxing, tweezing, and epilation have been in existence for a long time but unfortunately do not give you the silky, smooth, and clean look you want. While human hair plays a significant role in everyday life, excessive or unwanted hair growth on several parts of your body, including the bikini line, legs, back, and underarms, can be undesirable and unsightly. Thanks to laser hair removal in Londonderry, you no longer have to spend time waxing and shaving, as this technique gives you long-lasting results.
What Happens During a Consultation for Laser Hair Removal?
Like any other medical procedure, it is essential to work with a board-certified specialist such as a dermatologist who has experience with laser hair removal on various skin types. Before booking for laser hair removal, book a consultation with your doctor to ensure this treatment option is suitable for you.
During a consultation, your specialist will discuss with you several risks associated with this process that include:
· Skin irritation- Most patients experience redness and swelling in the treatment area after laser hair removal. However, these symptoms are temporary and go away within several hours. In rare cases, you will experience blistering, crusting, and scarring on your skin.
· Color changes- Your treatment area may darken or lighten after laser hair removal. In some people, these changes are temporary, while they may be permanent in others. You might experience skin lightening after treatment if your skin was exposed to the sun before laser hair removal.
A review of your medical history is essential to check for skin disorders that may interfere with the treatment process. Your doctor may also ask you to list down any medications you are currently using to advise accordingly.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
There are several instructions that your specialist may send you home within preparation for laser hair removal. For example:
· Do not wax or pluck at least a month before treatment, as these hair removal methods disturb your hair follicle. However, your doctor may require that you shave your hair before laser treatment to avoid skin damage caused by burned hair. Unlike other hair removal methods, shaving leaves the hair shaft intact.
· Protect your skin from the sun each time you are out. You may wear a wide-brimmed hat or apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen before treatment.
· Avoid blood-thinning medications such as aspirin and dietary supplements before the procedure.
· Do not use any brightening creams before treatment. However, if you have a recent tan, your doctor may prescribe a skin bleaching cream.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
· Eliminates ingrown hairs. One of the biggest worries when it comes to shaving is dealing with ingrown hairs. The laser removes hair from the shafts and prevents ingrown hairs from developing.
· It saves you time and money as you will not need to visit the spa frequently to wax your legs or underarms.
· It causes no scars and leaves your skin softer than before.
· This treatment leaves your skin free of hair for a longer time compared to other hair removal methods.
You do not have to keep shaving or waxing after every week. Reserve a session with your specialist at Inbloom Health + Medispa for laser hair removal to enjoy the long-lasting results of this advanced treatment.