Before heading off to launching your eCommerce website, you’ll need to know that it requires certain features that a regular website might work well without. In detail, eCommerce websites might have financial transactions, online stores, shipping options, and other features that won’t be essential or aren’t needed when launching other types of websites.
But Wait! What are the main differences between informational and eCommerce websites? Let’s find out.
Informational Website vs. eCommerce Website
These types of websites vary in their topics, from medical, to scientific or social. Informational websites can provide all types of information. As the name suggests, websites of this type basically rely on content. We don’t suppose that they don’t really require certain features, but they won’t be as steered and customized as the ones needed for eCommerce websites.
Being an informational website doesn’t necessarily mean that there aren’t any services or products to offer; businesses might use the website to let people know about their visions and services, whereas actual services, products, and transactions take place offline.
If you’re one of those people who like to do their research before making a purchase on ground, you must have visited a lot of similar websites to learn more about the service or the product before investing your money in it.
On the other hand, eCommerce websites are designed to facilitate financial and commercial transactions, making them a great place to start when you want to go through the whole process online. Similar websites include, but are not limited to, financial management websites, online music stores, meal kit services websites, and online clothes stores. Some good examples on eCommerce websites are Amazon, eBay, and AliExpress.
The main target of eCommerce websites is to provide a more convenient and time-saving method to make online purchases offering trusted and comfortable payment methods and private platform that is trustworthy place for customers’ most sensitive data, including credit card information, bank account, and email address.
Features That Every eCommerce Website Must-Have
To stay competitive and draw the attention of online shoppers, your eCommerce website will need some main features that are must-have ones to protect your online being and always remain the customers’ first choice. So, let’s take a look at the essential features for your eCommerce website:
- Catchy and Unique display of your services and products, similar ways include 360-degree product preview, dynamic and convenient search tools.
- Security is one of the main concerns for many internet users; all websites must provide secure platforms for their visitors. However, eCommerce platforms receive very sensitive information and can be targeted by hackers and multiple cybercrime attempts. That’s why you’ll need to use the best website builders for eCommerce on the market, which are secure and can maintain privacy.
- User-friendly interface: Simple and elegant interface is never out of style; let’s not forget that your website’s visitors come from different backgrounds and have different IT skills. Therefore, a simplistic page and straightforward elements will invite more visitors to your website.
- Most of the online purchases occur through smartphones more than other devices; that’s why you should make sure that your website also looks elegant if accessed from mobile too.
- If you don’t want your website to witness a noticeable drop in its visit rates, bear in mind to offer high-quality images and videos. Images that take too long to load can be the main reason why customers hesitate to give your website a second visit.
- Allow a review section if customers want to leave their comments, reviews, and suggestions. You might think that it could be a bad idea if your website receives negative comments, but you might be wrong about this, negative reviews can make customers trust your website and services, at the end of the day, negative comments are inevitable, and when there isn’t any dissatisfaction, customers will definitely suspect your website’s trustworthiness.
- Make your products available in nearby stores, since many customers don’t really like waiting for their shipment to arrive, this would be a very welcomed option by customers.
- Allow contact across multiple social media platforms, which is the best and most convenient way to interact with customers and listen to them. It also introduces more people to your website and draws more traffic to it.
eCommerce websites have been highly visited, especially during the COVID 19 pandemic. But, unfortunately, not all eCommerce websites are trusted and reliable to give them your personal information, which is an essential step for any online purchase. So make sure that you’re on the right website that is secure and reliable for your online shopping.