In many cases, men also have to face infertility causes along with women. When any male is unable to make his female partner pregnant, it is known as “male infertility”. In such conditions, males become sad and go into depression. But, don’t be panic because you can get rid of male infertility in many ways by visiting a male fertility clinic in your local city such as Bangalore. Here are the treatment options that you opt for and become dads:
Treatments for Curing Male Infertility
Well, treatment depends upon the cause of infertility in men. There are several causes behind infertility in males. Most of the causes can be resolved with medications or surgery. According to the research, the treatments are divided into 3 parts: –
1) Non-Surgical Methods
In this method, infertility can be treated without any surgery or operation. Here are the examples of this type of infertility that can be recovered without any surgery:
- Anejaculation: – It is a situation in which no semen ejaculates during intercourse. In this condition, medicines are provided for this type of infertility. However, other options are also available (if medications failed). With the help of PVS (Penile vibratory stimulation) and RPE (Rectal probe electro-ejaculation), men can pursue ejaculation. Usually, sperm can recover directly from the testicle through TSA (Testicular sperm aspiration).
- Genital Tract Infection: – It is a rare condition and it is not directly linked to infertility. As per the study, it can be found in only 2% of males with causes of infertility. This infection can be cured through antibiotics but these antibiotics are not safe for health. Usually, special antibiotics are provided to cure inflammation (that is more dangerous than infection).
- Genetic Situations: – Some causes of infertility in males like you are genetic that may be new or existing in the family. The most common genetic cause of infertility is called ‘Azoospermia’. It is a condition in which there is no sperm for ejaculation. Genetic problems can also stop you from being a father.
- Retrograde Ejaculation: – In such a condition, sperm comes back rather than goes out through the penis. A doctor checks your urine to determine this infertility. Prescribed medications can be given to rectify this issue. If medications fail then you can cure them through ART methods (Assisted reproductive techniques).
- Hyperprolactinemia: – This kind of infertility is related to erectile dysfunction. The treatment depends upon the cause and mostly the doctor provides medicines first. These medications help to cure tumours available in the pituitary gland (if exist).
2) Surgical Methods:
When medications don’t work then surgery comes into existence. However, surgeries are done according to the type of infertility by a surgeon/doctor. Here are the types of infertility that can be treated through surgery:
- Treatments of Varicocele: – To treat Varicocele, the doctor always goes through surgery that is known as varicocelectomy. In this way, the numbers and movements of the sperm increase effectively.
- Treatments of Azoospermia: – This is a type of genetic infertility that can be treated through surgery. Through surgery, a doctor opens the blockages and makes you able to be a father.
- Microsurgical Vasovasostomy: – To cure vasectomy, vasovasostomy is used by the surgeon. It is the perfect treatment for vasectomy.
- TURED (Transurethral Resection of the Ejaculatory Duct): – This kind of ejaculatory infertility can be treated through surgery except for medications. As per the study, around 5% of couples can get pregnant after this process.
3) Treatments of Unknown Causes
Unknown causes of infertility can be cured by ART and Sperm Retrieval methods. Let’s know about these methods as follow:
- ART (Assisted Reproductive Techniques): – There are many ART methods available for curing male infertility. According to the type of infertility, the doctor will suggest you any methods like IUI (intrauterine insemination), IVF (in vitro Fertilization), and ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection). These three methods are well known for the treatment of male infertility when all methods failed.
- Sperm Retrieval methods: – There are many microsurgical options available to open the blockage caused by Azoospermia (obstructive). The main purpose of these options is to increase the number and quality of sperm in a male’s semen. Here is the example of these methods:
- TESE (Testicular Sperm Extraction)
- PESA (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- MESA (Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- TFNA (Testicular Fine Needle Aspiration)
Most of the men are suffering from male infertility that is now too common. But it is so important to treat the cause of male infertility. Without proper treatment, you cannot be a father. In such a condition, you must visit a male fertility clinic and consult with the best doctor or surgeon.
However, the cost of male infertility tests depends upon the cause or type of infertility. You can consult with the best doctor and know more details about your infertility. Several options are available for the treatment of male infertility.